Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 19 Jun 2005 14:52:34 -0400
On: Sun, Jun 19, 2005 at 12:09:28PM -0600,Ben Parker Wrote:

} On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 10:04:29 -0400, Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
}
} >Earthlink support is
} >telling him that apple is blocking connections from the earthlink smtp
} >servers.
}
} Most people on this list won't know that that you mean
} "apple.ease.lsoft.com" when you just say "apple".  ;-)

True, and my apologies to the confused.

} We seldom block any incoming SMTP from anywhere.  On the rare occasions we
} do, it is only for a short time and as a response to a DOS (denial of
} service) type of attack.  The last time I can recall we did this was about
} 18 months ago.  AFAIK no such block is currently in place.
}
} Since later messages in this chain indicate a problem of some sort with DNS
} lookup at the Earthlink end that could not have anything to do with SMTP
} blockage at our end since the SMTP block (which does not exist anyway) could
} not begin until a successful DNS lookup (by Earthlink) and SMTP connection
} attempt occurs.

Of course.  Its a dirtlink problem.  They are in denial and are just
making excuses.  Does Lsoft have any way to directly reach someone at
dirtlink that can fix it?

--
Rich Greenberg N6LRT Marietta, GA, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321 6507
Eastern time zone.   I speak for myself & my dogs only.     VM'er since CP-67