Susan King <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 12 Jan 1996 10:21:52 -0600
Once again, I would like to know if there is a way to NUMBER the digests as
well as the date. We sometimes turn out 1-3 Special issues a day and it is
getting confusing. Because we have a large subscriber base from online
services... making the digests LARGER is not an option...

I am hard pressed to believe we are the only mailing list who would like to see
this feature added... along with the numbering of TOPICS in the Index and the
digest body...

----

Here's just one of my frustrated users!

Susan,

It is torture enough on AOL [four good weeks; 6 horrible weeks] but that is
being compounded by the fact that digests are coming over with the same name.
 For instance Jan. 11.special issue twice, with two different digest
contents.  As you know, all but the short digests come through AOL as
automatic downloads. Try looking for a lost download, when there are two by
the same name!

Also noticed, that the date and time of receipt are wrong in the download
directory; dated a day later.  That is probably an AOL problem, not an eworld
or Jewishgen problem.  Maybe you can find out what is going on from Jay
Levitt.  I have taken an oath (to preserve my sanity) not to contact him
anymore.

----

Susan E. King