Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 17 Jun 1996 12:46:30 MST
Well done, Eric.  You only set the burner on low for Douglas, which seems
appropriate.  I know Douglas has an idealistic view of the world...as do
some others around here.  That's fine, and I DO respect it.  But I still
send a check to local public television every year because although they
DO have more "commercials" than they used to, it is nowhere near the
sixteen minutes per hour that I see on the regular channels.  And, they
do some things that the commercial channels would never do.

I'm assuming that Douglas never wears a commercial Tshirt that he picked
up at a conference?  Today my tshirt says "Carpe Post Cardum   postcard@
idbsu.idbsu.edu", since a member of one of the lists designed them and
sold them on the list.  They are a big hit at a postcard show, and allow
list members to meet one another.  I've had many people ask me about my
collection of [log in to unmask] tshirts (one or more per year), to say
nothing of my Yahoo! hat or my Netscape hat or shirt (I wear the Mozilla one
frequently).  It seems to me that wearing "marketing garments" is very
widely done...and has been at least since the first alligator showed up on
a golf shirt pocket.

Heck, I might even BUY a LISTSERV tshirt if they made them big enough (hint,
hint....2X are vital these days....and 3X are even better....not just for
the fat old farts around here, but also for all the young folks who like
to wear baggy clothes).

Now I just need to get some time to write up something for responses to
Eric's requests....

cheers

cyclops

  Dan Lester, Network Information Coordinator
  Albertsons Library, Boise State University, Boise, Idaho 83725 USA
  [log in to unmask]             http://cyclops.idbsu.edu/
  How can one fool make another wise?  Kansas, "No One Together," 1979