Cindy Heavilin <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 17:08:55 -0400
> Part of my earlier point was that I DO send periodic notifications of what
> the established TOPICS are (as well as including them in the bottom banner
> along with a concise description of how to send a command to alter mail
> receipt options) but even this does not always click for folks.  I think
> that many simply do not read things, nor save instructions, until they
> need them, and then, often on a "desperate" basis.

I started using a top and bottom banner.  This has helped a great deal.
It actually directs their attention to the bottom banner for helpful
information and addresses.  It is surprising how many did not know the
bottom banner was even there!!!
Top banner reads:
Need help, info or want to visit the archives?
See the bottom of this message.

Cindy Heavilin