Wed, 19 Aug 1998 15:57:31 -0700
Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>One (and apparently only one) of my subscribers is getting some messages
>>that show up in Eudora with "From ???@???  Wed Aug 05 19:49:33 1998",
>>where the date and time is the time of the download. When she opens

>When Eudora displays "From ???@???", that typically indicates (as you might
>guess) that Eudora couldn't find, or couldn't parse, the "From:" line.  Why
>that would happen is a different matter, particularly if other people are
>not having similar problems.

I just checked Eudora's in.mbx, and every message begins with From [log in to unmask]
It looks as if my ISP sends that line. The "From: whoever@whereever" line
is also present further down in the headers, of course.

>This is probably a cop-out, but if I could see the full headers of one of
>the affected messages that might give me more to work with.  I suppose it's
>possible that for some reason the post-processor you're using to replace
>the 'From:' lines is occasionally doing it in an invalid way, perhaps not
>using the proper end-of-line indicator or some other nonobvious problem.

The problem is only occuring on the posts that are resent, which the
post-processor does not touch. The post-processor only alters messages
that I have edited, and those go through without a hitch. I can only
get the headers from the subscriber after Eudora has had its way with
the message, and have no way of knowing if Eudora has altered them.
<later>
Something is altering her headers. I don't normally use Eudora, but
I downloaded some messages with Eurdora and looked at the headers. They
appear to be identical to what I see from VSoup, but they are not
identical to what the subscriber sent me. I suspect her filter may be
the culprit. Here's what the subscriber says the header looks like on
the bad messages (I changed the original poster's name in the posts):

X-From_: [log in to unmask]  Tue Aug 18 11:57:14 1998