Mike Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 04:39:46 -0500
Hi Ben,

We're experiencing this problem now also (even after I sent a polite email
message to all our AOL subscribers).  I'd like to try your solution,
however, were using LISTSERV Lite and the Mail-Merge= feature is not
available.  Is there another work around?

Thanks,
Mike Clark
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 23:11:20 -0700, Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 23:33:40 -0600, Michelle Wilbers
>wrote:
>
>>"Script all messages to AOL list members with a unique identifier to be
able
>>to identify who
>>is reporting the spam. This identifier needs to be inserted into the
header
>>in such a way as it is not stripped by their TOS Client reporting stuff."
>
>I use the capabilities of LISTSERV and LSMTP's mail-merge to do this, and I
>don't put the information into the message headers because this is only
>possible for one-way, announce-only lists where you control all messages.
>This is not possible with discussion lists.  Note that use of LSMTP is
>REQUIRED to accomplish this with LISTSERV.
>
>Add this line to the list header of all affected lists
>
> Mail-merge= Yes
>
>Then I use this as the bottom_banner on all list messages:
>
>--- cut here ---
>.ce ========================================
>.fo off
>Attn: &*TO;
>If you have changed your mind and you no longer want to receive this email,
>please follow these UNSUBSCRIBE instructions:
>
>To unsubscribe: send email to
> &LISTNAME-SIGNOFF-REQUEST@&MYHOST
>or click here:
> &WA_URL?SUBED1=&LISTNAME&&A=1&&s=&*TO;
>--- cut here ---
>
>This produces a personalized banner at the bottom of each email message
like
>this:

>or click here:
>
>http://listserv.besteffort.com/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=DPRV-