Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 14:59:14 -0400
At 14:42 04/23/2002 Tuesday, Wayne T. Smith wrote:

 >Generally, reading a digest is a hassle (it kills threading and other nice
 >functions available on popular e-mail clients), so I'd err toward a minimum
 >number of digests each day.  Since, at least until very recently, some
 >people have trouble with e-mail of more that 64K bytes, I've chosen 1,500
 >lines for most lists ... and this typically creates a digest of less than
 >64K bytes (but not always).

I found that 1,750 is a good size (but we won't quibble  and read it in
MIME mode i.e., SET listname DIGEST MIME.  I use Eudora and have OPTIONS
/ ATTACHMENTS / "Receive MIME Digest as a mailbox attachment"

When I process the mail in Eudora, I get an attachment which I then
"click" and it opens as if a Eudora Folder with all the options available
to the Eudora client e.g., sort by subject or sender; file items.

Works well.

Pete