Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 10 Sep 1997 10:50:32 -0400
One of my primary list owners has complained that the confirmation text
only has the address, and not the person's name. Sometimes there is little
correlation, and it is hard for him to remember them. Made worse as he's
trying to review first posts for a list just transferred to a Listserv, and
it generates some 150 posts a day. And he holds a higher standard then the
subscribers were used to on the Majordomo list.

I looked in the MAILTPL and didn't find this. If I did, then I would have
added the variable for the name, and deleted all the instructions on how to
confirm.

He also finds it hard to find the subject hidden in the total header
information that is included. One of the things he reviews is whether the
subject is appropriate, and isn't "Re: Digest...."

Don.