"Michael I. Starr" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 9 Jul 1995 11:03:24 -0400
On Sun, 9 Jul 1995, Sylvia Caras wrote:

> In the message of Michael I. Starr:
> >
> > Just to add fuel to the fire, almost every one of the 50+ lists at the
> > Jewish Theological Seminary received REV and SUB requests since Friday from
>
> Maybe they are constructing a mailing list data base of
> individual addresses.

The REV commands that I noticed came from HARVEY.COX.SMU.EDU and
TECH3.COX.SMU.EDU.  NSLOOKUP of these addresses yield the following answer:

*** LOCALHOST can't find HARVEY.COX.SMU.EDU: Non-existent domain

Further FINGER yields the following when performed on [log in to unmask]

fin [log in to unmask]
finger: sheik: no such user.

I sent messages to the postmaster at COX.SMU.EDU asking for additional
information.  Possibly, there is an alias at that site for HARVEY... AND
TECH3...

Michael I. Starr                        Jewish Theological Seminary of America
Manager, Computer Operations            3080 Broadway
[log in to unmask]                        New York, NY 10027
(212) 678-8901                          (212) 678-8002 (fax)