Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 18 Aug 1997 11:06:39 -0400
At 09:29 8/18/97 -0500, you wrote:
|Hi Gang,
|
|I have been informed by a couple of members of my list (ADND-L) that the
|format of the Digests are different than they once were.  Previously,
|people would receive one huge text mail message which was a compilation
|of all of the posts sent during the digest period, delineated by lines
|of '='s.  Now, however, these people receive mail in the form of one
|message indexing the digest with various attachments (one per message).
|So, my question is this definable by either the list owner or the
|individual list members?  If so, how?

This could be the difference between a subscriber distribution SET to MIME
vs. NOMIME, though I thought the row of equal signs was an artifact of the
Notebook archives.

|On the other matter, I implemented the topics keyword functionality on
|ADND-L and ran into various problems, which the members of LSTOWN-L were
|VERY helpful in correcting.  However, I have found yet another new
|wrinkle in the works.  One list member has the interesting problem in
|that his server converts colons to dashes.  As such, LISTSERV doesn't
|recognize them as valid keywords.  I've been informed that this
|individuals local server pathname conventions impose this change, but I
|thought I'd see if anyone out there is aware of a workaround.

The workaround if the affected aka afflicted subscriber to drop their ISP
and join a real one.  Some email addresses (on VAX based systems?) use
colons as part of their userids.  This would be problematic for this
subscriber also.

If your subscriber is not going to change TOPICS often, (s)he might be able
enlist the good graces of the list-owner who would do a third-part SET

SET listname TOPICS +xxx FOR [log in to unmask]