"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 16 Jan 1993 18:02:00 EST
Basic networking, LISTSERV, and computer help can be found on the
LISTSERV list Help-Net at bitnet node templevm, aka vm.temple.edu.  It
is owned by Stan Horwitz, a contributor to this list.

* Bitnet/Internet Help Resource
*
* This list is for the discussion and solution of questions regarding
* the Internet and Bitnet Networks and to facilitate the distribution
* of files toward that end.

In 1992, 630 Help-Net messages of the total 3256 postings.  referenced
'listserv'.

It also contains a useful filelist, including a CMS interactive
interface for issuing LISTSERV commands (I have not tried this in a
while, so I disclaim its currency), and a first pass at a FAQ.

Advanced information about reaching other computer sites and gateways
(not people) can be found on INFONETS list.  Though this is a LISTSERV
list, mail should NOT be directed to it because it is a one-way gateway
_from_ the Internet-distributed list (not LISTSERV based)
[log in to unmask]  Notebook archives are available at a number of
bitnet host sites, so check them out before posting a question that's
already been answered.

/Pete