Sue Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 11:24:36 -0800
John Lyon writes:
> Whatever is going on has nothing to do with Listserv. If a mail server
will not
> relay mail to it's own domain then it is misconfigured. Send us some error
> messages.

Here is a typical error:

Jim Allison <[log in to unmask]>
Last error was: Mailer com said: "550 <[log in to unmask]>... we do not
relay [log in to unmask]"

Now - I'm pretty used to getting these, and how to handle them, but I'm
especially concerned by the verbiage:

Last error was: Mailer com
                        ^^^^^^^^^
"Mailer com" normally contains a server name of the server refusing to relay
the mail.   And all the accounts erroring out use this exact verbiage -
"Mailer com" as the offending server.

These are not confined to @HOTMAIL.COM accounts, but are spanning across the
board and different ISP's.     Too many to make a broad brush assumption
that it is a single ISP having some trouble.

Best Regards,
Sue Smith
Co-Owner Whippet-L