Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 16:17:23 +1000

>   1) This is a simple one - How do I go about completely removing a
> list?  Can I do it by sending a command to listserv?

A simple answer: only the Site Maintainer can create and delete lists so if
you aren't the Maintainer as well, you'll have to ask them nicely.

>   2) We have two particular users which are no longer receiving any
> email sent to the list that they are subscribed to!  Everyone else on
> the list is still receiving the email.  I have confirmed that
> these two users are on the list and that I can manually send an email
> to them and get a reply.  Does anybody know why they wouldn't be
> receiving email and how I can go about getting it to work for them again?

They're probably set to NOMAIL which means they're subscription is active
but LISTSERV won't send them any mail.  Check them through the web interface
and see if the option 'Mail delivery disabled temporarily' is checked.  If
it is, uncheck it and save the options.  If you haven't got web access send
this command via email for each subscriber:

QUERY LISTNAME FOR [log in to unmask] PW=xxxxxx

This will return the list of active options for each of them.  If it shows
they are set to NOMAIL then send the following to LISTSERV:

SET LISTNAME MAIL FOR [log in to unmask] PW=xxxxxx

This sets them back to normal mailing status.

--
Chazzozz!!

Michael Shannon
Webmaster

"Before you can grow old and wise you must first survive being young and
stupid." - Ancient Proverb

Note: Opinions expressed on this list are my own and do not reflect the
views, opinions or position of my employer.  If swallowed, seek medical
advice.