Stan Ryckman <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 20 Apr 1997 13:29:55 -0400
I wrote:

> Dan Lester wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > >His 'real' address set nomail, repro.  This is so LISTSERV will echo back
> > >to him whenever he posts, this will only work for the address he writes
> > >from.  Note, LISTSERV will echo your post to you even if you are set
> > >NOMAIL, since the REPRO copy is not considered as 'mail', but a response
> > >to a kind of 'command'.
> >
> > I agree with you.  But another experienced listowner has said the opposite.
> >  I don't find a clear answer in the docs.  Can anyone verify this by
> > experience?   Or a doc source I didn't find?
> >
> > dan
>
> Heh!  Let's just try this.  I just set myself to NOMAIL REPRO ACK,
> and now I'll see if I get anything back from this.

I got back an "ack" saying delivered to 520 recipients.
No REPRO (at least yet).  Now back on mail, so unless the REPRO
copy arrives later (in which case I'll update), we can assume
that NOMAIL overrides REPRO.

Actually, now that I think of it, since DIGEST overrides REPRO,
I guess I would expect NOMAIL to override REPRO.

Whether these *should* behave this way is a design decision, I'm sure.
There would be more flexibility if it didn't.  (I can't actually
picture very many cases where it matters, but since REPRO can
always be turned on/off anyway, maybe in the future Eric
can be persuaded to make REPRO work "always" when set.)

Cheers,
Stan