Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 17 Jun 1996 08:46:39 +0200
Obviously your mileage will vary, but we wouldn't be able to host WIN95-L
for free without the banner.  Turnaround is record-breaking (I don't have
figures because,  guess what, "Notify=  No" :-)  ). Many people  sign up,
thinking that there will  be 10 messages a day about  the sound card they
aren't able to get to work, and  2-3 messages a day about other problems,
since obviously  their sound card is  so brain dead that  it must account
for the  vast majority of  Win95 problems  worldwide. They find  out that
there are  more like 150-200  daily messages of  which 0 are  about their
sound card, and want off. Naturally  they didn't keep the instructions as
they were  longer than 3  lines and not about  their sound card,  so they
don't know  how to get  off. Well, you know  the drill... When  it doubt,
write to the list  and ASK TO BE TAKEN OFF THE  #$%$#%%^ LIST. Since this
is an evil commercial  company whose sole goal was to  screw up your mail
account, copy  SALES, POSTMASTER, INFO,  WEBMASTER and every  other alias
you can  think of. If  there weren't a banner  telling people how  to get
off, it would be terrible. It WAS terrible before we had it, and the list
was MUCH smaller.

  Eric