"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 12 Jan 1996 12:56:00 EST
As far as I know, there is no way to NUMBER a digest.   If
this option is decided to be provided by L-Soft, I hope they
poll their customers as to the priority of this viz. other
options.  Remember that if NUMBER becomes an options, then
it must be decided in what format, what reset interval,
what list-owner control must also be accounted.

You might be better off requested a WEB server interface
to postings.  Broswers are available even on AOL ;-)

The only two numbering schemes that I'm familiar with in
LISTSERV are: one "separate" archiving of postings; index
numbers (somewhat transient) associated with each posting
in the archives.  DIGEST does not relate to those numbers,
but an INDEX distributon relates to the latter.

/Pete Weiss at Penn State