"David W. Baker" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 5 Aug 1995 16:06:59 -0400
In article <[log in to unmask]>, "LISTSERV list
owners' forum" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>    I won't block all DEMON (UK) people because of their provider.  It is
> not fair to those who can use them properly, even if the provider has an
> attitude.
>
>    I have deleted the problem people directly and that is that.

   I agree that it is not fair that the practices of one's provider should
affect what services others allow you access to.
   However, I cannot afford any further incidents such as those caused by
Demon's setup. My time is limited, and receiving hundreds of bounced
messages from one site for 32 days makes my job much more difficult and
time consuming. The possibility that this would happen again is not
acceptable; I cannot support access to my list from Demon. It is for this
reason only that I have filtered them out.
   I don't think this is an unfair decision.
   The fact that the sysadmins are rude and obnoxious only makes this a
much more unpleasant situation. It has nothing to do with my decision to
filter out access to my list.
   I sympathize users who are from Demon, and when they contact me, I try
to work with them to find an alternative method of reading my list: They
could convince their sysadmins to find a solution to this problem; they
could find another Internet service provider; or they could read my list
from a Usenet news server (which Demon maintains).

- --dwb--

David W. Baker | [log in to unmask] | <URL:http://www.netspace.org/users/dwb/>