Dan Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 7 Aug 1995 14:47:06 -0500
I'm looking for ways to customize the administrative messages for
several lists without setting up a separate MAILTPL file for each
list.  I noticed that one of the optional keywords in list
headers is Language= <idiom>.

First, are there MAILTPL files for languages other than English?
We could certainly use them for some lists we run in other
languages.

Second, could we define OURLANG as a language and then provide a
OURLANG.MAILTPL file that would apply to all of our lists?  This
would be really great.

This is related to my previous message to LSTOWN-L. We feed the
notification messages for several lists into a mailing list just
for this purpose.  I discovered that neither the digest nor the
index gives the information about *who* was added or deleted.  I
asked for suggestions about how to get this information into the
messages.  One obvious approach is to change the MAILTPL
files--hence my questions above.

Thanks.

                          Peace,  Dan

<<  Daniel D. Wheeler          Internet:  [log in to unmask]  >>
<<  University of Cincinnati     Bitnet:  wheeler@ucbeh       >>