"Lawrence B. York" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 3 Apr 1997 09:11:55 -0500
On  2 Apr 97 at 23:47, Francis de Ruijte wrote:

> I wish to give the following design to the Subject in the list's messages,
> that is put the listname in it as an identifier.  It looks like this:

>     |userid               |time date|#[K]|[FrStudy]Re: Subject in Messages
>
> If I am correct, I must place the following line into the header:
> * Subject-Tag=   FrStudy
> But I need to add something else and I do not know what it is.
> I find the Owner's Manual hard to read and understand.

   The other thing you will need to do is turn-on this option for new
subscribers and those you already have on your list.  To accomplish
this you must add the SUBJ option to your Default-Options= header
entry -- example:

      * Default-Options= NoACK,Repro,SUBJ

   And to set this option for ALL your current subscribers you would
send LISTSERV the command:

      SET FrStudy-L SUBJ FOR *@*

   You can, of course, prefix that command with QUIET if you do not
want notification sent to your subscribers.

> Besides, can I put into the line "FrStudy" or should it be "FrStudy-L"

   Since it is simply a text tag included on the Subject: line you
can put whatever you please there.

> Thanks for your help and understanding.

   My pleasure.  I hope this helps.

Lawrence B. York