"Miroslaw J. Wiechowski" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 12:00:50 +0100
Message from Deborah Cresswell [11:42 99-02-18 ]:

>Dear all,
>
>I have been testing different languages/fonts through our listserv.  It
>seems as though most European countries go through OK.  However, I
>received feedback on a French email that I tested.
>It seemed as though the ' is missing within the text, please see below
>sentence for an example...
>
>Le gagnant s occupe personnellement de sa réservation (possible 7 jours
>sur 7) dont l offre n est pas limité dans le temps.
>
>You will notice that the n'est is missing the ' and l'offre is alos
>missing the '
>
>Is this a listserv problem?  Has anyone else experinced this, if so was
>there a solution.

I have never encountered something like this. As the official language
of my list is Polish, we sometimes must "emulate" those funny Polish
letters with diacritical signs with the help of apostrophes, tildes etc.
Like, e.g. [c'ma] or [kos'cio'l/]

It has always worked.

Did the feedback come from more than one recipient?

Regards
mjw