Harry Dewey <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 06:32:28 -0400
One of the features of Listserv 1.8e that I would love to use is the
opportunity (as an owner of the list Alpine-L)  to view on the Web a
list of messages awaiting moderation.  That opportunity is promised at
the site:
http://listserv.surfnet.nl/scripts/wa.exe?MOD=ALPINE-L&X=60E95C76EDCD56F5DD&Y=htd10%40columbia.edu&p=1

But every time I click on that site, I see the message:
"There are currently no messages for ALPINE-L requiring moderation"
despite the fact that there are actually one or more messages that, as
listowner, I have not yet approved.

Counting spam, I receive about 200 messages in my inbox each day.  How
convenient it would be to be able (before reading any of my mail and/or
spam) to go to this site, and there release all messages awaiting
moderation before doing anything else, thus giving my subscribers the
high priority they deserve.

Can someone tell me why Listserv reports at this site that there are no
messages requiring moderation when, in fact, there ARE?  Is this feature
of 1.8e inoperative?   Thank you.

I'm aware, by the way, that none of the LSTOWN-L recipients of this
email will be able to click successfully on the URL
that ends my first paragraph above.  You can do so by replacing the
characters ALPINE-L with the name of YOUR own Listserv emailinglist.
.
.Harry Dewey, active listowner, Alpine-L
Beltsville, Maryland USA