Leonard T Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 9 May 1994 14:15:24 EST
This is being cross-posted to LISTOWN-L and ARCANA itself:

Due to a very real possibility that the host site of ARCANA will not be
able to continue being a host for much longer, we, the listowners, are now
actively seeking a new host.

ARCANA has been in operation since 30 July 1992.  Listmembership is, at
present writing, 321; the average number of messages daily from its
inception has been 10; within the past few months, 10 to 20 has been fairly
normal.  The list has only twice exceeded its 50-message-per-day limit.
Its present site uses standard (i.e. Eric Thomas) listserv.

The list is for the academic, i.e. scholarly, discussion of the occult,
with emphasis on such aspects as its anthropological and historical
manifestations.  We have made it a "private" list, subscription by owner,
and ask that potential subscribers fill out a brief profile, all to ensure
that it remains true to its academic nature.

The new site would have available, should it wish to take advantage of it,
an already smoothly functioning list management to do the work once the
technical details have been handled.  We do not, however, consider our
presence a sine qua non -- we're only concerned about the survival of
ARCANA as an objective and academic forum.

Please direct any inquiries and offers to [log in to unmask] or

Leonard Roberts, on-site Listowner
for the ARCANA Listowners

     * The list administration address is:                          *
     *         or [log in to unmask]                      *
     * Messages to the list administration address are forwarded to *
     * all the co-listowners on duty that day.                      *