Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 18:41:28 -0700
At 03:03 PM 11/17/98 -0500, you wrote:
>However, if the user is dealing with an OpenVMS system, then case doesn't
>matter one bit.  For example, you could send e-mail to me at
>[log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask] or even
>[log in to unmask] and I'm fairly well certain that all three would
>get to me just fine.  Keep in mind, though, that most systems out there
>are Unix systems of some variety where case sensitivity is an issue.

And that is why LISTSERV(R) treats all of the above as different, but only
because of the differences in the USERID, NOT because of the differences in
the FQDN.

cheers

dan

--
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716-7115 USA 208-383-0165
[log in to unmask]   http://www.84.com/  http://www.idaholibraries.org/