"s.merchant" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 16 Feb 1995 14:50:00 EST
Thanks for the answers to the previous Topics questions, Eric.

Here's another on "Topics":

As the list administrator, I need to send administrative messages
once in a while, and would like to make sure that ALL members receive
this regardless of their topics filters.

One approach is to define a topic "ADMIN:" and request/require that
everyone inclue that topic.  Alternatively does listserv provide a way
for a list-owner to send a message that overrides any topics settings
and always goes to all members?  I wouldn't want this to happen for ALL
messages the list-owner sends, since I contribute non-administrative
articles to the list too, and would want listserv to respect "Topics"
for those.

Something like a reserved topic called "ADMIN" is what I'm looking for,
I guess.  If this topic is chosen, then the message will always go
through, but only if the sender is a list owner.  Anything like this in
listserv (or an equivalent way of doing what I want--must be a common
problem for those using topics)?

Related question: Is there a way I can override the "nomail" setting
for a user for an administrative mailing, short of going in and
resetting the nomail option, sending my mail, and setting it back?

Thanks.

Shahrukh Merchant