"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 12:01:21 -0500
Gary McC wrote, in part..
> Is there a keyword that can be used with lists running under ver. 1.8c to
> block posts that contain attachments?

As someone that lives with 1.8c, I haven't necessarily kept up with
discussions of attachments on this list nor new features of 1.8d.  With
that in mind, ...

My readers and fellow list owners have a few concerns:

(1) Some want posts rejected if submitted w/attachments.

(2) Some want attachments, except test/plain, stripped.

(3) Some want attachments, except test/plain, quoted-printable and
HTML, stripped.

(4) Some want all MIME stripped from their NOMIME digests, with only
text/plain in their digests.

(5) Some want a web archives and/or web management interface for
our VM LISTSERV lists.

In each case, "Some" means dozens or hundreds, not a trivial number!

IMHO, each of them have very valid and important reasons for what
they'd like to see (and I can expand, if necessary, but I think each has
been discussed).

Does 1.8d or future development provide relief in any or all of these
areas?

cheers, wayne

Wayne T. Smith                             mailto:[log in to unmask]
Systems Group - UNET                 University of Maine System