Darryl Luther <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 May 1999 10:43:52 -0700
Thanks, Nathan!  I'm trying to do a forced renewal as there seems to be a
lot of problematic e-mail addresses on my list right now.  I didn't want to
cause those who are legitimately on NOMAIL to not even have the chance to
renew their subscription.  You've set my mind at ease. ;)

Thanks again!
Darryl

Nathan Brindle [mailto:[log in to unmask]] wrote:

On Thu, 6 May 1999 09:22:11 -0700 Darryl Luther said:
>I've read (and re-read) section 4.11 "Subscription renewal" and Appendix B
>of the List Owner's Manual (1 March 1999 release) and I'm still a bit
>unclear on this.  NOMAIL is discussed, but there's no definitive answer to
>my question.  Anyway, I'm just wondering if those subscribers on NOMAIL
will
>receive the Renewal request.  Thanks!

Yes, I get them all the time for lists that I am subscribed to with NOMAIL
(ie, so I can search the archives but not have to get the postings).  The
key is whether or not you have posted to the list recently, ie, I think
since the last scheduled renewal or within the last renewal period.  Since
renewals are generally staggered this is hard to pin down :)