Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 29 Feb 1996 10:25:36 -0600
On Fri, 1 Mar 1996, Winship wrote:

> If all you
> are getting is the log files there's a good chance you don't *have* a
> filelist.  I take it you've never put anything into your filelist, if it
> exists.  Try this:  send to your LISTSERV address
>
> GET GROUP-L FILELIST (CTL NOL PW=XXXXXXXX
>
> and see what you get.  If you don't have a filelist, you'll have to get
> your LISTSERV postmaster/maintainer/administrator to set it up for you.

LISTSERV(tm) running on unix and Windows NT hosts implments the file
functions differently.  On Windows NT, for example, all files, not just
the 'FILELIST' file, must be set by the LISTSERV Maintainer, which is
tedious at the least!  The LOG files are handled automatically it seems,
as well as the few other files like WELCOME, FAREWELL, etc. but all
others have to be done 'by hand' by the Maintainer.  They do not
implement the FILELIST control file on Windows NT.  This is an area that
is constantly changing in newer versions of LISTSERV(tm) on various
platforms.

This is very clearly documented in the new version of the List Owners
Manual, available from Lsoft by ftp or http.

  Ben Parker .............. (Oak Park IL) ........... [log in to unmask]