Mon, 10 Oct 2016 08:51:51 -0400
Someone with access to the server file system can copy the archive
directory to a USB drive. Or the list owner can GET the archive files by
email (this might be tedious if the list has been active for many years)
and do whatever they like with them.

They are already in generic plain-text format, but they don't have
".txt" as part of the file names.