Dave Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 14 Jun 1995 11:15:19 -0500
LSTOWN-L Folks,

> Uh... You don't have 10k of disk space to store the files on your work
> account???

It's not a matter of available space.  It's that my boss is not happy with
knowing that I could be doing *anything* at the terminal and he wouldn't have
a clue.  So I have to be careful that ONLY files that are work-related are in
my work account-space.  Sure, I keep the needed files in a private
account-space, so I can access them for list-ownership duties, but I have
to PAY for that every month.

I *don't* get paid for my list ownership activities - like many other owners.
In fact, I pay for the privilege.  I don't get paid for the little
work-related newsgroup I moderate, either (it's not in my job description, I
just do it).

These kinds of precarious compromises are more and more typical in
today's high-flux work arrangements, and workers just have to deal with
the cards as they are dealt.

 Pax,  Dave

Dave Kinnaman   HP460          | Texas Education Agency (TEA) | What goes
TEA Quality Workforce Planning | Voice:  512/463-9321         |  around
1701 N Congress Avenue         |   Fax:  512/463-9176         |   comes
Austin, Texas 78701-1494       | Email:  [log in to unmask]   |  around!