Kevin Parris <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 18:13:34 -0400
My question wasn't actually about "the list" that reports the error, but the "subscriber address" in the problem report - is it ALWAYS Steve10.... every time?  If it is the same, how many common subscribers do the various lists share where you've seen this problem?  But I think the simpler solution is what others have mentioned, turn on Auto-delete and set the Probe() value very small, like 3 or less, for a week or two - it should weed out the problem for you (very soon if the list has at least one message a day going through it).

>>> [log in to unmask] 04/20/01 07:00PM >>>
Thanks for the ideas. Here's the answers:

1]      Chris:  the list always has been Subscription = Owner, and I have
never added anyone with the suspect address.

2]      Kevin:  this is the latest occurrence. It happens mostly with this
list, but also with other closed lists. What would constitute a clue?
Any message from that address?

3]      Rich:  There's no one named Steve on the list, and mostly we use
our yorku address or if not, then a cable connection - never msn. But
I'm inquiring from an Esteve, though I doubt it.

Thanks,
Michael