Sun, 7 Feb 1999 00:37:13 -0600
> That archive log is damaged.  Everything posted after Happy 99 is
> inaccessible.  Is there a *safe* way to edit it out and retrieve the rest of
> that log's information?

Safe way to edit the log, I don't know.  You could, though, just get
rid of the whole log.  Just
PUT listname LOGxxxxxx listname PW=xxxxxxxx

and don't include anything else.  The log should still be listed
afterwards but there won't be anything in it, you will lose everything
in that particular log.  I would not like that myself, but I would
do it rather than taking the risk of trying to get and actually edit
the thing.  Slash and burn, better safe than sorry (of course it may
be too late, have you told your site administrator about this?).

> Can 1.8c LISTSERV do that?  Exclude all attachments??
>              If so, **HOW**?

Nope,  but you can put in a sizelimit that will block a lot of
attachments, but it blocks anything that is over the size limit, not
just attachments.

If you haven't told the administrators at uky.edu about this you
tell them, right now.

Douglas