Fred Atkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 15 Jan 1996 16:54:38 -0500
I see.

        Wouldn't it be better to notify the list owner that in accepting the
next subscriber request, he is exceeding his user limit?  It should give him the
option to accept it and then have the listserv notify sales, or reject it.
Certainly with the power of software today this shouldn't be much of a problem
to code.

                                                        Fred

On Mon, 15 Jan 1996, Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Right now  it will let  you exceed your  subscriber quota, and  the sales
>folks  will get  back  to you  when  that happens.  This  is a  technical
>restriction rather than  a design decision; it isn't a  good procedure at
>all. It's  only a matter  of time until  someone starts screaming  at our
>sales folks because the list went past the limit and now someone *has* to
>be kicked off and  the owner is faced with the  very delicate decision of
>deciding who it should be, and this will be escalated and by the time the
>ordeal is over we'll have wasted more $$$ in manpower than the list would
>generate in 3  years of operation. I'm currently testing  code to enforce
>the  subscriber  limits  that  people  have paid  for,  and  we'll  start
>deploying it  sometime this week.  Nobody is  going to complain  that the
>list isn't accepting more subscribers than they've paid for :-)
>
>  Eric

}Graduate Student/Johns Hopkins University/Telecommunications Management{
             }B.S. National Louis University/Management{
  }A.S. Midlands Technical College/Electronics Engineering Technology{

             }Extra Class Amateur Radio Operator/WB4AEJ{
    }Licensed General Class Commercial Radiotelephone Technician{
   }N.A.R.T.E. Certified First Class Telecommunications Technician{

                }Second Degree Blackbelt/Tae Kwon Do{

            }Home Page: http://www.radix.net/~fatkinson{
           }Home Page: http://home.navisoft.com/fatkinson{