Mon, 10 Aug 1998 23:49:49 -0500
> > discussion nor mention of religion as such
> > discussion nor mention of politics as such
> > discussion nor mention of sexual orientation as such
> > etc.
>
> I can understand omitting politics and religion to the popint it may hurt
> someone else.  But I disagree with what you asy about sexual orientation.
> That usually helps when it is discussed and repression isn't good.

Certainly sounds like something Sue P. would say.  The listowner whose
subscribers come sobbing to LSTOWN-L begging someone please to get them
off her list as she won't let them off as they are horribly repressed
and must have her help.

I am proud to say I have gotten several off by forging mail when they have
asked me to in desperation.  Of course she probablly promptly resubscribed
them, though I did caution them to get new addresses and most the ones I
helped had done so, some even moved physically in hopes she couldn't find
them (they had foolishly given out phone numbers and addresses).  All this
on a list supposedly for discussion of a singer's music.

Yes, this is blunt and rude, has to be.  Kick me off the list, if you want
to, Nathan, Eric.  You saw the pleas from her victims on this list couple
of years ago, I wrote both of you about what was going on and you refused
to do anything, though I backed it up with copies.  You refused to do
anything. I said nothing publically at the time but I'm saying it
publically now.

Please, Sue, do not tell me again how you can simply tell that someone is
horribly repressesd and will committ sucide without your amateur
psychology.

Deliberate provocation to flame-war.  Don't care, worth it to finally
makie it public.  Kick me off the list.

Douglas