"Michael S. Johnson" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 10:03:14 -0800

On Wed, 6 Dec 2000, Scout wrote:
> Not really.. attachments= doesn't affect what people SEND.

Oops, you're right.  My mistake.

> Never use [NOPOST] except as a marker with NOMAIL for subscriptions
> that are bouncing.

Yes, thank you, I already use NOMAIL/NOPOST for that on my list.

However, I do allow NOPOST with MAIL for people who want to be subscribed
from multiple addresses, but don't want to post from some of them, or when
some of those posting addresses cause headaches for one reason or another
(WINMAIL.DAT, HTML content, "hop count exceeded", lack of 80-col word
wrap, "=20" at the end of each line, etc.).

An interesting variant of NOMAIL/POST is a subscriber who was
NOMAIL/NOPOST, who knows how to set hirself back to MAIL, but for whatever
reason doesn't contact the list owners to be set back to POST.  :)

--
Michael