Marty Hoag <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 13 Sep 1994 09:21:35 CDT
   Actually, Murph quoted the announcement from NEW-LIST complete with my
disclaimer.  I use the disclaimer when I am concerned that I might be
leading people astray...  When I started NEW-LIST I decided not to judge
a list based on it's content - to just report them.  The disclaimer may not
mean much but it makes me feel better.  I just don't have the time to
do any in-depth investigation of new lists.

   I had two worries about the USAGREENCARD list without knowing anything
about it other than what is said in the announcement:

   1.  It could be someone trying to get a list of contacts to exploit.
   2.  Variation of 1 but it could be a US Immigration "sting" operation.

   However, the list may just be a useful discussion list as most are.

   Either way, I guess we should look at subscribing to a list like we do
subscribing to a magazine or ordering something using a credit card - we are
giving up personal information that could be useful to someone else...

    Sigh.

           Marty (probably getting cynical in my old age) Hoag
           NEW-LIST Owner/Editor