Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 14:34:35 -0700
At 10:19 PM 1/17/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Just a quickie; donations in exchange for goods are only tax-deductible in
>the amount that the donation exceeds the fair market value of the goods
>received.

Understand and agree.  On the other hand, since there will be no record of
me sending a "gift" to a recipient, whether they do or don't deduct an
amount they donate to the library is their business, not mine.  I don't get
involved in the personal relationships between others and their taxing
agency.  Of course I'm sure there are a buncha IRS (the USA tax agency)
folks watching on here and ready to jail us all.  Oh, well.   o-)

dan

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind the one-eyed man is king.