"H. Stephen Wright" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 30 Apr 1996 17:11:08 -0500
I have a subscriber on FILMUS-L who is a young woman using her dad's
e-mail account.  She appears on the subscriber list under her own name
(Katie).  However, when she posts to the list, her dad's name (Paul)
appears in the "From" header.

I'm a little puzzled.  Isn't LISTSERV supposed to override the sender's
name on posts and use the name from the subscriber list instead?  I
remember that it used to work like that, but now it doesn't.  Or did I
just imagine that it ever did?

steve

H. Stephen Wright                                        Music Library
[log in to unmask]                          Northern Illinois University