Spiros Liolis <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 16 Sep 1994 09:25:52 EDT
On Thu, 15 Sep 1994 18:29:50 +0200 Eric Thomas said:
>probably have to  disable the IETFHDR option altogether.  And when you've
>done all that, you've just barred a single road for the hacker. There are
>other ways to have the message distributed (it's probably best if I don't
>give details).  The bottom  line is  that this  is not  a working  way to

Plenty. There are plenty ways of sending successfully forgeries.

>protect  your list.  A possible  working method  would be  to use  the OK
>mechanism to  require the  editor to  confirm that  he actually  sent the
>message. It would still  close only one of the roads,  but it would close
>it  in an  acceptable  way,  without impacting  usability  and having  to
>maintain voodoo code all over the place.

Could there be any way for the editor to send a bulk file of all messages
instead of each one individually. For example if he has received 20 messages to
the list, would it not be more convenient to prepare a big file with all
messages and then send them? It would be then LISTSERV's responsibility
to extract the individual messages.
Or am I asking for way too much?
BTW, My list is not Edited so I'm just asking out of curiosity.

>  Eric

Spiros