Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 26 May 2005 08:19:44 +1000
William

>Can someone help me figure out what's causing the problem described below
>by one of my subscribers?

[snip]

>Pat:
>can you help me out on this 2003 email that keeps 'repeating'...usually
>just a few repeats of this per week, but it got so bad lately ,that I had
>to screen it out using my spam filter...and had received 30+ emails in
last
>2 days!

Generally, repeated posts are caused by a mail server between LISTSERV and
the recipient spitting out extra copies at irregular intervals.  It's not
normally a LISTSERV problem.

This is addressed in L-Soft's online FAQ here
<http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/lsv-faq.stm#_Toc64429896>.  The FAQ is
primarily aimed at Site Managers, not Owners, so you may have to involve
the help of your LISTSERV Site Manager to track this down.

--
Regards,
 Michael Shannon

 Chazzozz!!

 Knowledge is just a click away: http://www.lsoft.com/optin.html

 LISTSERV (R) is a registered trademark of L-Soft.