Dennis Budd <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 31 May 2002 16:38:55 -0500
No, I suspect you're not doing anything wrong.

If your Listserv is running on Unix, you'll get the logfile back in
Unix format, in which lines are terminated by a linefeed without an
accompanying carriage return.  DOS and Windows based software expects
lines to be terminated by a carriage return/line feed sequence and
can display these Unix-formatted files very bizzarely.

If your lines are going both down the page and successively way off
to the right, that is definitely what is happening.  You need a
Windows program that can read files formatted in Unix format and
convert them to DOS/Windows format.

When you FTP between systems using ASCII format, FTP automatically
does this kind of conversion between systems.  But an E-mail
attachment is sent in the format of the originating system.

Dennis