Martin Raish <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 10 Jan 1994 09:26:54 ECT
I received the message that the person below was "unknown,"
so I issued the DELete command.  But LISTSERV cound not
find her in my subscriber list.  I searched it, too, but
with no luck.  Finally I got a copy of the list by country,
and looked at each address from Australia.  I *think* I found
the correct person, but I won't know until I post some more
messages.

My question:  how can the one address be so different from the
              other and still be the same person?

The original error message was:

   550 helen@library1.lib.swin.edu.au... User unknown

The person I found as the most likely match was:

   [log in to unmask]   Helen Hazard

Only the "helen" and "swin" match.  (OK, and the AU, too.)
But how did "helen@library1..." metamorphose into "heh%stan..."?

Thanks.  Remember, I'm just an art history major.  Pictures would
be nice.   :-)

-- Martin

Martin Raish                  "To talk in public, to think in solitude,
Main Library, Box 6012         to read and to hear, to inquire and to
Binghamton University          answer inquiries, that is the business
Binghamton  NY  13902-6012     of a scholar."
[log in to unmask]                   --  Samuel Johnson --