Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 11 Nov 1995 17:14:25 +0200
Does anyone have a copy of the  (full) LSTOWN-L logs for 9507, 9508, 9509
or 9510?  Full as in obtained  after the end  of the month, when  all the
messages were there. For  9510 full would be 10/30 or  so (the disk crash
was on  10/31). Unfortunately I'm not  going to have time  to reconstruct
logs from  messages saved in  individual people's mailboxes, so  it would
have to be  an "authentic" LSTOWN-L LOGyymm file. I'm  *still* working on
restoring things to  a reasonable state following the  crash. One problem
is that  the disk  is NOT going  to be repaired  because the  machine was
scheduled  to be  replaced in  Jan.  The disk  was supposed  to be  under
maintenance, but due to a clerical mistake this wasn't the case, and I'll
let you guess  the rest. So on top  of having lost access to  half of the
data on the system,  I have to make do with half the  disks until Jan and
there's very little  free space left even after  removing everything that
wasn't vital. The good news though  is that the SEARN service isn't going
to be terminated in Jan as planned.

  Eric