Margaret King <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 16:41:48 -0500
At 11:42 AM 12/14/98 -0500, you wrote:
>As it is, I'm supposed to be setting up a list to let our folks
>declare who the mentor of the list is,

Ah, -finally- someone is alluding to the fact that the site maintainer
can do something to fix a hijacked header, assuming there are records
to show who the owner -should- be.  I wondered when someone would
mention that...and then the person who did was another site maintainer!
I guess we must be kind of invisible.  :)  I've had to fix only one
hijacked header here at MSU so far.  What happens much more frequently
here, is that an owner wanders off and abandons a list without updating
the header to enable the replacement to take over.

Another thing a site maintainer can do is set up a second list, if
there needs to be a list split.  In my experience this is sometimes
a good idea.

Margaret King ([log in to unmask])
Michigan State University Computer Lab