David E Hopkins <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 08:21:33 -0500
Dear Owners,

I am confused about validate and subscription settings.  We have listserv
1.8c.

I want our list to be secure, VALIDATE= Yes, but I also want our subscribers
to have minimal interaction.  I almost have this with:

*     VALIDATE= Yes
*     SUBSCRIPTION= Open

But there is a problem.  Users can get on, no problem.  But when they
signoff, a confirmation OK is required.  Is there a way to eliminate that?
What I would really like would be, VALIDATE= Yes,Confirm, and SUBSCRIPTION=
Open.  And the subscribers could get on and off with no confirmation OK.

Can this be done?  What am I missing?

--David Hopkins