Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 12:35:46 -0700
On Tue, 31 Mar 1998 12:36:10 -0500, "Stephen W. Thompson"
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>What about NOREPRO/REPRO?  I'm finding the setting on a sub-list
>subscription isn't followed when posting to the super-list.  Does one
>need to subscribe to the super-list explicitly to have other than
>Listserv's default, NOREPRO?  Are there other options that don't get
>honored by the super-list, like ACK/NOACK?

REPRO and ACK are slightly different from MAIL/DIGEST/INDEX/TOPICS.  They
control LISTSERV's behavior in responding to you at the time you post to a
list.  If you are subscribed to the list, the options you have set will be
followed.  If you are not subscribed to the list (as in your user who is not
subscribed to SLIST but does send a post to it) then the default-options for
that list apply (remember, if not specified, they are NOREPRO).  So, REPRO
and ACK are not 'honored' by the SLIST even if set for some sub-list(s).

>Some specifics: Super-list SLIST, sub-lists LSTA and LSTB.  Subscriber
>has REPRO on LSTA and LSTB.  Same subscriber is not subscribed
>explicitly to SLIST, and SLIST has no Default-options= keyword.  When
>the subscriber mails to SLIST, the message is delivered fine to all,
>*except* not to themself -- NOREPRO behavior.  I would have expected the
>REPRO on LSTA and LSTB to have been used, giving the user a copy of their
>message.  (Even more confusingly, we thought that *was* the behavior at
>one point...)
>
>For the record:
>   LISTSERV(R) for unix version 1.8c
>   Master nodes file version:   97/11/29 04:07:31 (VERS9706)
>   NJE peers file version:      97/11/29 04:07:33
>   Internet peers file version: 97/11/29 04:07:31
>   Service file version:        97/11/29 04:07:33 (VERS9706)
>   Running under:               OSF1 V4.0

I see your network tables are out of date by several months.  IF you
registered your server it could be automatically updated to most recent
versions.