Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 11 Oct 1998 18:03:02 PDT
On Oct 10,  3:58pm, Karen Strauss wrote:
} Subject: My AOL subscribers are getting dupes
} Hi. I'm having a persistent problem that I can't figure out. Some of my
} AOL subscribers are getting two and three copies of some of the messages
} sent to one of my lists. I'm not sure how to go about fixing this.

Get copies of the dupes and look at the message id, which will look
something like this:

If all 3 are the same, AOL or some intermediate point is duplicating
them.  Look at the received lines for the Lsoft to AOL hop.  If there is
only one, its AOL.  If more than one, if line n has the same time on all
3 and line n+1 has different times, thats the place thats hiccupping.

If the message ids are different, its probably an lsoft problem.

--
Rich Greenberg    Work:  PM0RMG atsign WSPVM1.worldspan.com   +1 770-563-6656
N6LRT   Marietta, GA, USA   Play: richgr atsign netcom.com    +1 770-321-6507