Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 28 May 1999 14:55:23 -0600
At 10:33 AM 5/28/99 -0400, Alan S. Dobkin wrote:
> > the userid portion of userid@node IS supposed to be case-sensitive.
> > Thus [log in to unmask] could be different from [log in to unmask]
> > (though here, it actually is not).
>
>Does anyone know of any real-world examples where mail accounts are
>actually treated this way?  I don't think I've ever come across one....

They're much less common now than they used to be, but since they're
theoretically and really possible, they must be allowed for.   Also, at
some places [log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask] and
[log in to unmask] would all be treated the same locally, though they'd
be different to LISTSERV(R).

dan

--
Good, Fast, and Cheap: Which two of the three would you like?
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716 USA 208-383-0165