Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 20 Nov 1996 19:26:01 -0500
Bill Verity wrote:

> >I'm looking for a "Resent-" aware POP mail reader for Windows 95/NT
> >suitable for use in moderating/editing a mailing list.  ...
>
> With the SEND=EDITOR,HOLd option in some versions you no longer need
> this rare ability.

But I need to edit the text.  This is a list which will run in parallel
with an "open" list but in digest mode.  I need to edit out extraneous
text, lengthy .sigs, etc.  I have no problem with the "OK" mechanism (I
have SET REVIEW on the netnews gateway subscription) for a simple
approval, but I want to actively edit the postings in many instances.
The whole intent of the new list is to provide a "condensed" version of
the real thing for those readers who dislike the volume and "noise"
components of the real thing.

Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>