Murph Sewall <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 16 Feb 1996 11:50:08 -0500
>Not long after Murph posted his gripe about the confusion a week or so ago
>we got a long spate of people posting messages misusing listserv when they
>meant list...

An irony to this thread is that I received a private note from the person
whose misuse I happened to quote as an example (not intended as a personal
criticism) alleging that I had an attitude problem.  I'm open to (private
mail please) to ideas of better ways to address mistakes without being
taken as critical.

Another consequence, for those who remember that particular message, is
that I've purchased Eudora Pro--in part because it includes a spell checker
:-)  Now, if I can only learn to proofread displays well enough to overcome
malapropos!

/s Murphy A. Sewall <[log in to unmask]> (860) 486-2489 voice
   Professor of Marketing                          (860) 456-7725 fax
   http://mktg.sba.uconn.edu/MKT/Faculty/Sewall.html