Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 26 Feb 2005 08:40:40 -0500
On: Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 07:38:28PM -0500,Nelson R. Pardee Wrote:

} I was using getpost iteratively to retrieve all of the posts by a certain
} person (1267 total), first by doing a search, and then by using getpost
} with the 100 results at a time (aside: is there a faster way?) One of the
} getposts never returned, and I narrowed it down to a posting that has a
} zip file as an attachment. As long as that posting was one that I tried to
} retrieve, I received nothing back (if sent via email, I received a notice
} it was emailed to me, but I got nothing) Is this normal?

Is it possible that your isp (syr.edu?) has a limit on size of incoming
email and this post is big enough to trigger it?

Is it possible that your isp (syr.edu?) is filtering incoming mail and
not permitting zip files as likely virus carriers?

If either of these is the case, can you get it from another email
account?  Hotmail?  Gmail?

--
Rich Greenberg N6LRT Marietta, GA, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321 6507
Eastern time zone.   I speak for myself & my dogs only.     VM'er since CP-67